Review For Focusrite Red 1 Classic Quad Microphone Pre-Amplifier
- Hand-made in the UK and crafted to the highest standards, using machine-tooled, half-inch thick claret red anodised aluminium.
- Focusrite's classic pre-amp topology includes superb common-mode rejection, excellent overload margin, extremely low noise floor and super-wide bandwidth.
- Phase reverse and phantom power available independently on each channel via firm-response illuminated switches.
- Four easily-read illuminated porthole window VUs are provided.
- Four handy scribble discs for denoting each channel.
- Focusrites classic pre-amp topology includes superb common-mode rejection, excellent overload margin
Using the same circuit topology as the original ISA microphone pre-amplifier designs, the Red 1 offers four channels of ultra-high quality Focusrite microphone amplification. Used with high quality ribbon, valve and condensor mics, the Red 1 obtains outstanding results with any sound source, but especially voice, piano and string instruments.With four mic pre-amps in a single unit, the Red 1 is ideal for those looking for improved audio performance, as a compact ‘way in’ to digital recording systems, or for location multi-mic recordings. Each channel offers custom-wound Focusrite input transformers, switchable phantom power, phase reverse, an easily-read illuminated VU meter, and a handy scribble disc for denoting channels. Mic gain is